I just got my fan page verified. Does it really mean anything? No – but it is a nice status symbol, and more importantly, it lets people know that they are really talking to me.
How can you get your page verified? Well, first, make sure that you can. According to Facebook, only the following page types are even eligible:
- Celebrities and public figures
- Global brands and businesses
- Media, sports teams or entertainment
In other words: Small businesses need not apply.
Before starting the process, you also should complete the About section of your profile.
Here’s the process:
1. Log into Facebook under the account that you use to manage the page.
3. Follow the instructions, and be prepared to provide a link to your website and a scanned copy of your drivers license.
Facebook says it takes 2-3 days to process your request, but for me, it only took 12 hours. I supposed that part fluctuates based on volume.
Anything to add? Let us know in the comments!
Like the blog? Get the book! Tweets and Consequences: 60 Social Media Disasters in Politics and How You Can Avoid A Career-Ending Mistake is now available on Amazon for purchase or download.